By you (“you”) enrolling in and/or attending a class or workshop (“training”) run by Academy of Improvisation (“AOI”, “we”), you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
Cancellations and transfers
- If you need to cancel your training before commencement, you must notify us at least 72 hours before the training begins in order receive a refund.
- Enrolments may be transferred from one student to another before commencement of training, after first notifying us at least 48 hours before training begins. The new student must have the necessary prerequisites for the training.
- If you wish to delay or move your scheduled training to a later scheduled training, you must notify us at least 1 week prior to the commencement of your originally scheduled training, or a $50 INC GST fee will be incurred. There is a maximum class move limit of 2, after which your registration is cancelled with no refund.
- Once the training has commenced, no refund or credit is possible.
- If you do not attend your training, no refund is possible. If the same lesson or training is available at a later date and prior to the next lesson of your scheduled training, then AOI will allow you to attend the replacement instead, subject to a place being available. If no place is available, then no refund will be given.
- If AOI cancels scheduled training for any reason, we will offer you a choice of either replacement training of the same value and equivalent prerequisites, or a full refund. We accept no liability for any other costs for training cancellation.
- For scheduled training with multiple lessons, if scheduled lessons are cancelled due to not enough attending students to run a lesson, AOI will reschedule up to a limit of 25% of scheduled lessons at AOI’s expense, after which the number of lessons for the scheduled training will be reduced by the number of cancelled lessons.
Conditions of enrolment
- You understand and voluntarily assume any obvious risks associated with the training, including but not limited to all risks of personal injury, and any losses caused by or arising from acts or omissions by our staff.
- To the extent permitted by law, you indemnify us against any claims, costs or damages arising from any breach of these Terms and Conditions.
- From time to time, AOI may record video or photographs of students and training for promotional purposes. Students may opt out of such recordings at the time of recording.
- AOI may record video or photographs of students for private internal archive purposes at any time.
- Students may not publish or make public on social media or other public networks or services, audio or video recordings or photographs of other students or staff in training.
- You understand that training may require physical contact between students and with staff as part of the training.
- We reserve the right to cancel or make changes to our training programme, training materials, prices, venue locations, age limits and other prerequisites without prior notice either before or during training.
- We reserve the right to refuse any enrolment prior to commencement of training as permitted by law, or to request you to leave a lesson or workshop if you are disruptive to the lesson, workshop, other students or staff, or are consistently late or have not paid your fees.
- We reserve the right to refuse you entry to scheduled training if you arrive later than the scheduled start time and have not let the teacher of your lateness prior to the scheduled start time.
- We reserve the right to refuse you entry to scheduled training if you arrive more than 10 minutes later than the scheduled start time.
- We reserve the right to move you from your scheduled training to an equivalent but differently scheduled training, if you are late to the first session of your scheduled training.
- You are physically and mentally fit enough to perform the training, have not been advised not to participate by a qualified medical professional, and know of no health or neurodivergence related reasons why you are not capable of successfully completing the training.
- If you are under 18 years, both you and your guardian understand, willingly accept and agree to these Terms and Conditions.
- Your email address may be given to other students in your scheduled training, for any purpose, including but not limited to informing students of scheduling changes, important training information, or general class discussion.
- You agree to follow all COVID-19, and health and safety instructions given by our teachers and staff members.
Safety and inclusion
AOI is an inclusive organisation with respect for all people regardless of culture and race, religion, age, disability, gender and sexual preference, and is free from harassment, violence, sexually explicit and sexually harassing behaviour. Behaviour contrary to this will not be tolerated, and may lead to expulsion from training without refund as well as other actions at our discretion and those required by law. The health, safety and comfort of students and staff are of paramount importance.
If you feel the behaviour of other students or staff has breached this inclusivity, or you feel personally maligned or uncomfortable from such behaviour, then contact us immediately via your teacher, our website contact form, or directly to our principal at email@example.com.
You understand that improvised acting may lead to fictional behaviours in class that may be challenging and may be represented as truthful, but are part of the acting and improvisation process representing fictional characters, behaviours and/or opinions. Our staff will clearly identify such situations for students when they occur, and take any immediate rectifying actions as required. If at any time you feel uncomfortable in training then please immediately contact our staff.
Enrolment in our training requires you to have obtained specific prerequisite skills through our training or via external training, which may be in addition to those shown on the class description. We reserve the right to decide whether you have obtained the necessary skills for enrolment in any training we provide, regardless of the requirements published with the description of the training. We will always provide feedback on why you did not meet the requirements.
After completing training to our satisfaction, students will receive a completion confirmation. This confirmation does not certify that the student has received specific prerequisite skills for any of our other training.