This is the second class of 8 weekly lessons in our core curriculum for learning improv comedy and theatrical improvisation, and building much more confidence and comfort in being spontaneous and in the moment. This class includes:
- A continuing focus on scene work using Keith Johnstone’s impro methods.
- The introduction of various theatre games used in public stage performance with his method.
- More work on acting, comedy and theatre directing, production and rehearsal skills.
- An optional graduation class performance for family and friends, combined with other graduating classes.
- Personalised notes and feedback for each student.
By the end of this class, students will have much more improved confidence, ability to think on their feet, be in the moment/present and more comfortable in social and presenting situations. They will also be able to perform funny and engaging short beginner level impro scenes in public theatre productions, including any non—AOI shows which may be open to them.