This is the third class of 8 weekly lessons in our core curriculum for learning improv comedy and theatrical improvisation. This class includes:
- Completing study of the core techniques in Keith Johnstone’s impro method.
- The introduction of and transition to Chicago method improv.
- More work on acting, comedy and theatre directing, production and rehearsal skills.
- More work on personal storytelling, ideation and their presentation.
- An optional graduation class performance for family and friends, combined with other graduating classes.
- Personalised notes and feedback for each student.
By the end of this class, students will be able to perform engaging and funny medium length open improv scenes, based on themes, points of view and personal stories, using either Keith Johnstone’s impro or Chicago method improv. They will be better able to think on their feet and spontaneously develop meaningful and engaging stories and comedy in the moment.
You must have already completed our Improv 2 class. After completing Improv 3, you can continue to Improv 4.
Held in Chatswood (full details given after class fee is paid).
You must be over 18 years old.