This is the fourth class of 9 weekly lessons in our core curriculum for learning improv comedy and theatrical improvisation, delivered as an online Zoom meeting. This class includes:
- Introduction of the Harold show format, the Chicago method gold standard in long form improvisation.
- More work on directing and coaching fellow students.
- More work on group mind, group dynamics and team bonding.
- More work on acting, comedy, production and rehearsal skills.
- More work on themic and pattern based ideation and creativity.
- An optional online graduation class performance for family and friends, combined with other graduating classes.
- Personalised notes and feedback.
- The option to move from online to face to face classes (if you can get to Sydney) when they return.
By the end of this class, you’ll be able to perform a Harold long form show, using the latest techniques for online improv performance. You’ll be better able to think on your feet and spontaneously develop meaningful and engaging stories and comedy in the moment, based on themic connections and patterns.
You must have already completed our Improv 3 class. After completing Improv 4, you can continue to Improv 5.
Read our Online Improv Classes FAQ for more details on how we run classes online.
This class will be taught by our principal Richard Bennett — often considered the best Harold teacher in Australia.
Every Thursday evening from 6:30pm to 8:30pm, 29 October, 5, 12, 19, 26 November, 3, 10, 17 December 2020. AEDT (Australian Eastern Daylight Time)
Delivered as a Zoom meeting (full details given after class fee is paid).
You must be at least 18 years old.