This is the fourth class of 8 weekly lessons in our core curriculum for learning improv comedy and theatrical improvisation. This class includes:
- Introduction of the Harold show format, the Chicago method gold standard in long form improvisation.
- More work on directing and coaching fellow students.
- More work on group mind, group dynamics and team bonding.
- More work on acting, comedy, production and rehearsal skills.
- More work on themic and pattern based ideation and creativity.
- An optional graduation class performance for family and friends, combined with other graduating classes.
- Personalised notes and feedback.
By the end of this class, you’ll be able to perform a modern Harold long form improv show. You’ll be better able to think on your feet and spontaneously develop meaningful and engaging stories and comedy in the moment, based on themic connections and patterns.
This class will be taught by our principal Richard Bennett — often considered the best Harold teacher in Australia.
Held in Chatswood (full details given after class fee is paid).
You must be at least 18 years old.