This is the second class of 9 weekly lessons in our core curriculum for learning improv comedy and theatrical improvisation, delivered as an online Zoom meeting with one of our senior teachers. This class includes:
- A continuing focus on scene work using Keith Johnstone’s impro methods.
- The introduction of various theatre games used in public stage performance with his method.
- More work on acting, comedy and theatre directing, production and rehearsal skills.
- An optional online graduation class performance for family and friends, combined with other graduating classes.
- Personalised notes and feedback.
By the end of this class, you’ll be able to perform funny and engaging short beginner level impro scenes, using the latest techniques for online performance. Our optional follow on class for transition from online to face to face improvisation, gives you the remaining skills for performing in public face to face theatre productions, including any non—Academy of Improvisation shows which may be open to you.
While this is an online class, it also has an active component, and you’ll be on your feet a lot of the time, playing and games, fun exercises and improvised scenework.
You must have already completed either our Improv 1 class, or our Improvisation 101 and Improvisation 101 Extension classes. After completing Improv 2, you can continue to Improv 3.
Read our Online Improv Classes FAQ for more details on how we run classes online.
Delivered as a Zoom meeting (full details given after class fee is paid).
You must be at least 18 years old.